Windows 11 is known for its advanced features and robust security. However, one downside of these features can be the occasional DISM error 87. This error can cause big issues, particularly when it occurs during the installation of new software or updates.
If you experience this problem, here are some tips on how to fix the DISM error 87. The following article describes the DISM error 87 in Windows 11 and explains how to fix it.
Causes of This DISM Error 87 in Windows 11?
Windows 11 users have been experiencing the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) error 87 for some time now. The error message tells the user that there is a problem with the image they are trying to deploy or that it needs to be updated. Microsoft has not yet released a fix for this issue, but they are working on it.
There are many possible causes of this DISM error 87 in Windows 11, but Microsoft hasn’t released a specific list of them yet:
- Outdated driver for your Computer hardware.
- Your Computer hard drives do not have enough space on your hard drive to hold the update or deployment file.
- Prevent typing on the command line, especially when putting in typos and spacing. A large number of consumers make simple mistakes, such as incorrectly spacing the comma.
- Incorrectly configured Windows 11 causes the error resulting from the problems with the Command Prompt.
- Windows upgrade messages may lead to users canceling them, so its developers have to fix bugs that could cause those messages.
Fix The DISM Error 87 in Windows
Method 1: Type the DISM command correctly To Fix The DISM Error 87
1. First press the Windows+R command from the keyboard to open the Windows Run command.
2. Now, type cmd in the run command to open CMD and press Enter.
3. In the third step copy the below command code and paste it into the command prompt.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
4. Press the Enter key after pasting the following code into the CMD panel. This process will take a few minutes to complete. It will then fix your DISM error 87 error in Windows 11.
Method 2. Update your Windows 11 To Fix This Issue
Windows Updates can be a frustrating experience, especially if something goes wrong. One such problem is the DISM error 87. If you are experiencing this issue, there is a quick fix that you can perform. This method will show you how to update your Windows to fix the DISM error 87.
1. To start, open the Start menu and type “Windows Update Settings
2. On the right side of the window that pops up, click on “Check for updates.
3. Finally, let this process happen for a while; when the window updates are finalized, restart your PC and check if your Windows 11 DISM Error 87 is resolved.
3. Perform a disk Check To Fix The DISM Error 87 in Windows 11
If you are experiencing difficulty with the DISM error 87 in Windows 11, you may want to perform a disk check. This process can help identify and correct any issues with your hard drive. Follow these steps to complete this process:
1. Type the Windows+R button to open the Run command.
2. In Run Command, type cmd and press enter to continue.
3. Now type the following code in cmd and press enter.
Allow this process to complete once, and do not close this CMD window. When this process is complete, restart your computer and see that with this method you have fixed Fix The DISM Error 87 in Windows 11.
I hope this article will help you to fix the DISM error 87 in Windows PC, especially in Windows 11. There are a few ways to try and fix the DISM error 87 in Windows. Hopefully, one of these methods will work for you, and you can get back to using your computer without any further problems. If not, be sure to consult with Microsoft or another professional for additional help.