Fix the “The referenced account is currently locked out” error usually happens when a user tries to log into a computer that is connected to a domain. The domain controller will lock the account after too many failed login attempts. This can happen if the user enters the wrong password too many times or if someone is trying to guess the password.
Don’t worry if you get the error message “The referenced account is currently locked out,” You’re not alone. This is a common issue that many people experience. In this blog post, we will discuss how to fix this problem. I will also provide some tips to help prevent this from happening in the future. Follow these steps, and you should be able to get your account unlocked in no time!
Method 1: Update (LGPO) Local Group Policy Editor
Fix the “The referenced account is currently locked out” error: Local Group Policy Editor must be updated. The Local Group Policy Editor (LGPO) is a component of Microsoft Windows that provides a graphical interface for advanced users to manage registry-based policies on a local computer.
If you receive the error message “The referenced account is currently locked out,” it means that your LGPO needs to be updated. Luckily, this is a relatively easy fix. Simply follow the steps below:
1. Open the Start Menu and type “gpedit.msc” into the search bar.
2. Now open Local Group Policy Editor as an administrator.
3. Now navigate it like that, Computer configuration>>Windows settings>>Security settings.
4. In Account Policies click on the Account Lockout Policy option.
5. Now, you need to double-click on the “Account Lockout Policy” option and then double-click on the “Account lockout threshold” option.
6. After double-clicking on the “Account lockout threshold” option, this option’s property is now in front of you. Here you need to put 0 in the given value and press okay to save the setting. After closing this window, you need to restart your PC and check whether this error is gone. If this method does not work for you, then you need to follow the next method that can give below.
Method 2: Set Computer Account Password Never Expire
If you’re getting the error message “The referenced account is currently locked out” on your computer, it’s likely because your computer’s password has expired. To fix this, you can Set Computer Account Password to Never Expire. This will ensure that your computer’s password never expires, and you won’t need to worry about changing or renewing it.
To Set Computer Account Password Never Expires You Need To Follow These Steps:
1. Press Windows+R to open Windows Run Command and type “lusrmgr.msc” in the Windows run command dialog box and press enter.
2. When the “Local User & Groups” window opens in front of you, you have to click on the “User” folder.
3. In the user group right-click on your own account and then click on the properties option.
4. After going to the user account property, you have to check the “Password never expires” option and click the OK button. You can then restart your computer once to check whether the error has occurred.
Conclusion paragraph: We’ve concluded our guide on how to fix “The referenced account is currently locked out.” We hope you found it helpful. And if you like this article, please share it with your friend on social media platforms, Thanks for Reading.