Microsoft Edge is the default web browser for Windows 10. Edge is built upon the Chakra scripting engine and Trident rendering engine, both of which are also used by Internet Explorer.
Edge includes several features that differentiate it from other browsers. It includes a Reading View mode that strips away website clutter for a simplified reading experience. And integration with Cortana, Microsoft’s digital assistant.
Edge also supports extensions, which allow users to add additional functionality to the browser. In this article, I explain how to make Microsoft Edge a default browser on Windows PCs.
Why To Make It As A Default Browser?
Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that comes with Windows 10. It has many features that make it better than other browsers, such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome.
Some of the features that make Microsoft Edge a good choice as your default browser are:
- It’s fast and fluid, with a clean design that makes it easy to use.
- It has a built-in reading mode that strips away all the clutter on web pages and displays them in an easily readable format.
- You can save websites to read offline or even continue reading them offline if you lose your internet connection.
- It has a built-in password manager, so you can save passwords for all your websites and only have to remember one password.
Make Microsoft Edge As A Default Browser
Microsoft Edge is Microsoft’s homegrown web browser, optimized for the best performance on Windows devices. It’s been a part of Windows 10 since its launch in 2015 and has come a long way regarding features and functionality.
Windows users make Microsoft Edge their PC’s default web browser by following a few simple steps.
1. Open your PC setting or press the Windows+I button from the keyboard to go to your PC setting.
2. In settings, click on the “Apps” option.
3. Click on the “Default Apps” option in the in-App portion.
4. Search for Microsoft Edge in the search bar and then click on it.
5. In the last step, click on the “Make Microsoft Edge your default browser” option and click the “Set default” button to make Microsoft Edge a default windows browser. Now you can be able to open all the basic file types and hyperlinks on your browser.
If you want to open your PDF files or any other type of files through the Microsoft Edge browser, then you need to click on the pdf browser section option and set Microsoft edge as a default browser. And as a result, your browser is set as the default one for your Windows device.
Making the Microsoft Edge browser your default is a great way to increase your PC’s speed and performance. It’s also a good way to keep your browsing history and cookies private. To make the switch, follow the steps outlined in this article.
If you have any questions or need help, please get in touch with us. I hope this article will be helpful for you to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser on Windows PCs. If you like this article so, please share it with your friend on social media platforms, Thanks for reading!