If you are searching online for this topic on how to make Google Chrome the default browser. So your search ends when you come to this article. Google Chrome has quickly become the most popular web browser in the world. It was first released in 2008 and has since been downloaded over 1 billion times.
Its popularity has several reasons, including its speed, simplicity, and wide range of features. Chrome is based on the Chromium project, an open-source project aiming to build a better web browser. This means that anyone can download and modify the code to create their own version of Chrome.
One of the best things about Chrome is that it is the default browser on many devices. This means that it is automatically installed when you buy a new computer or phone and is used to browse the web by default.
Reasons: Why To Make Google Chrome Default Browser
You might want to make Google Chrome your default browser for many reasons. Perhaps you find that Chrome is faster and more reliable than your current browser. Maybe you prefer Chrome’s minimalist interface or its suite of features and extensions.
Here are four reasons why making Chrome your default browser can be a good idea:
- Chrome is fast and efficient.
- Chrome has a minimalist interface that is easy to use.
- Chrome comes with a wide range of features and extensions.
- Chrome is regularly updated with security patches and bug fixes.
Set Google Chrome as Default on Windows PCs
Windows PCs typically have several different browsers installed, including Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. If you’re not happy with the default browser and prefer to use Google Chrome instead, this guide will show you how to make Google Chrome the default browser on your Windows PC.
1. First, simultaneously press the Windows key + I to open your computer settings.
2. In the second step, you need to click on the “Apps” option۔
3. In the third step, click on the “Default apps” option.
4. In Default apps, you must type Google Chrome in the search bar.
5. In the last step, you need to click n Google Chrome and Select the “Set Default” button, and that’s it.
The default browser Google Chrome has been selected for you on your computer, and your PDF files will also open in Google Chrome. Now that’s all set for you to use Google Chrome set as a default browser on Windows PCs.
Following the steps in this article, you can easily make Google Chrome your default browser on a Windows PC. This will allow you to take advantage of all Chrome’s features, such as speed, security, and extensions. Making Chrome your default browser will also sync your bookmarks and browsing history between devices. So why not give it a try today?